Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:48:14PM -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 06:05 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > I'm sure that if we have some certainty that the Utopia stack is on the
> > cards, the ports will follow quickly. FreeBSD and Solaris will get their
> > feet wet first. ;-)
>
> Agreed.
>
> > That's an interesting one. Without a 'freedesktop.org Platform' release in
> > the picture, it makes it slightly harder. That said, we could call Utopia
> > components the 'freedesktop.org Utopia' release, and say we depend on that.
>
> Makes sense.

That'd be awesome; please feel free to do that, especially as D-BUS and
HAL aren't on the cards for the Platform until they get stable APIs. If
you guys want to start co-ordinating within yourselves for Utopia
releases, fd.o would be totally cool with that, and that would rock.
Keeping us (platform@, mainly) updated on the utopia stuff would be
cool. Let me know if you need any fd.o resources for this.

Oops, forgot to set my From: to daniel fd o to make me look all
official-like. Ah well.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel fooishbar org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,