Re: PROPOSAL: GNOME Volume Manager for GNOME 2.8

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:54:16PM +0800, Yang Hong wrote:
> I've tested g-v-m today, it's very good.:)
>
> but it cann't mount usb disk when there is no such line in /etc/fstab, I
> must add some line into fstab before the usbdisk could be automaticly
> mounted.

In the hal tarball there's a script call fstab-update.sh that can be
placed in /etc/hal/device.d. IIRC the hal package from Debian Unstable
installs this by default. And it looks like John P. from RH is going
to write this in C with more checks as the fstab file is one you don't
want to mess up :-).

Hope this helps,
David