Re: Lock'n'load! [Was: Integrating system tools in GNOME]

El vie, 04-06-2004 a las 11:37, Jody Goldberg escribió:

> Things can get very murky, I doubt we'll ever have a crystal clear
> delineator.  Look at something like the keyboard layout.   That is
> currently a user preference which is mostly correct, but the vast
> majority of users to date have been tweaking that at the system
> level in the XF86Config.

I always tweak that in XF86Config.  It is definitely not a user
preference, although there are bandaid solutions which help the user
change keyboard layout.

Given that keyboard changes are one every three years, it's safe to
assume that the system should have a system-wide keyboard setting.
Which modifies XF86Config.  So multi head machines can work correctly.