Re: Industrial as default theme?

Eugenia said (replying to Mikael)
> >I say, just replace it, anything is *much* better than the current
> >default. We can all discuss until our deaths about the exact rgb value
> >to use for background color after that. We are still early in the cycle
> >so if someone later on comes up with on that is a tad darker we can
> >replace it...
>
> This would be a mistake. From the moment it gets into the cvs as it gets
> more difficult to convience people to fix it afterwards.
> Basically, there are two things on a theme: aesthetics and usability.

I wanted to wait till I had a change to check out its accessibility
before commenting... One thing we tried hard to do was make sure the
default themes worked reasonably well with things like larger font
sizes, different fg/bg colors, etc.  Although sometimes users will
really need to change WM theme _and_ gtk theme etc. to get the look they
need, IMO we shouldn't have a default that is accessibility-unfriendly.

- Bill