Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

fre, 30.01.2004 kl. 16.20 -0800, skrev Eugenia Loli-Queru:
> >I think we understand why we're not going to add random software to the
> release.
>
> There is no clear cut Andrew. I offered three solutions in my previous email
> and all three have their good and the bad points, there is no clear cut

Hmm. All three have *your* good and bad points. :)

> anywhere. Leaving the situation as is  (shipping without Evolution) also has
> its major negative points as well.
>
> You laughed earlier at my Anjuta suggestion saying that  "Hahaha! Um, no.
> No. This is a *general desktop*."
> Well then, how come there is no media player, IM client and an email client
> included with it? Aren't these "general" enough for Gnome users?

Because they didn't quite make it within the timeframe of this release.
That's why we have a 6 month schedule. They'll go into the next release.
No big deal.

> As you can see, Gnome --that you defend so much-- ain't perfect. So, please
> try to be understanding here. I am just trying to outline a few arising
> problems and offer some possible solutions (which might, or might not be
> good solutions). I believe the Gnome project should evaluate all its options
> and also recognize the fact that leaving Evolution out is a real problem
> (for many different reasons as I explained earlier).

And as pointed out earlier it makes a very little difference since
Evolution is in every major distro anyway.

Cheers
Kjartan