Re: Evolution 2.0 and GNOME 2.6

>I think we understand why we're not going to add random software to the
release.

There is no clear cut Andrew. I offered three solutions in my previous email
and all three have their good and the bad points, there is no clear cut
anywhere. Leaving the situation as is  (shipping without Evolution) also has
its major negative points as well.

You laughed earlier at my Anjuta suggestion saying that  "Hahaha! Um, no.
No. This is a *general desktop*."
Well then, how come there is no media player, IM client and an email client
included with it? Aren't these "general" enough for Gnome users?

As you can see, Gnome --that you defend so much-- ain't perfect. So, please
try to be understanding here. I am just trying to outline a few arising
problems and offer some possible solutions (which might, or might not be
good solutions). I believe the Gnome project should evaluate all its options
and also recognize the fact that leaving Evolution out is a real problem
(for many different reasons as I explained earlier).

Rgds,
Eugenia