Re: freedesktop.org platform - preparing for release 1

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 01:50:30PM +0000, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:57, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > Moving intltool to freedesktop CVS should be straightforward -- we just
> > need to do it.  The biggest concern I personally have with moving
> > packages from GNOME-CVS is that it's a bigger pain for translators on
> > that server.
>
> I did not realise that there were 'translators on that server'.

I think he means the translators who already have accounts on GNOME, but
not fd.o.

> So an  fd.o based 'translations and realted issue coordination' will be
> very useful.
> (also technical howtos/guides on how to use msgcat effectively and build
> up and using po compendia from the blood and sweat of others ;) are good
> things to be hosted on fd.o imho)

We have a BTS, web hosting, CVS/SVN hosting, list hosting ... if you
think our infrastructure could be at all useful to you guys, please give
me a shout; however, if you're just doing pure GNOME translation, it's
probably best to keep it all in the one place. But, if it's on fd.o,
it's fair game.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel fooishbar org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,