Re: Gnome/Nautilus extensions for OpenOffice.org

hello Oliver,

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Oliver Braun wrote:

> - additional context menu entries for OpenOffice.org file type (e.g. a
> "show" entry that opens a presentation directly in full screen mode)

I am a bit concerned that when many apps start doing this, the - already
quite long - context menu will really start to overflow. I mean, OO.o
documents are also zipfiles, so perhaps File Roller will want to add some
items too. And why not have a 'Print as handouts' context menu item as
well?

Is the added convenience of a 'Show' menu item so great that people will
prefer it over activating the document and clicking the Presentation
button? (this is what I see people do with ppt all the time.)

> - adding a property sheet which contains addional information like
> auther and other meta data

This is a good idea though!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778