Re: Translations, GNOME and KDE

On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 11:45, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > 2-Reduce the pos to only UI visable strings, no normal user will take a
> > look at Debug strings and so speak with coders about which strings to
> > include on the pos and which not...
>
> Possibly controversial, but not something I'll get into. ;-)

FWIW, I don't think this should be controversial at all. Coders who
don't know English are already in a deep hole, and debug string in a
foreign language reported to english-speaking hackers or (worse) into
bugzilla are of virtually no use. If it goes to console, it should never
be marked for translation (IMHO.)

Luis