Re: G2.10 Module Proposal: Sound Juicer

Ryan McDougall wrote:
It seems like s-j is preferred because its been around longer, and the
author is better known. Is that all?

I haven't tried the latest Sound Juicer in CVS - but it seems that Goobox is already a complete player/ripper - while Sound Juicer is a ripping with plans to become a player (is that fair?).

Ross Burton wrote:
Note: I've not tried Goobox since a very early version, but SJ supports
audio profiles and configurable output formats, whereas goobox doesn't.

I don't really know anything about audio profiles, but Goobox does allow extraction to Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, and Wave.

Steven Garrity