Re: G2.10 Module Proposal: Sound Juicer

On Wed, 2004-22-12 at 20:26 -0400, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Ryan McDougall wrote:
> > Any luck waving/speaking/collaborating with the goobox maintainer?
> > http://gnome.org/start/2.9/desktop/#proposed

[snip]

>   - I prefer the placement of the CD controls in Goobox
>     (at the top rather than the bottom, where they are in SJ)

I prefer this too, and I suspect others might wonder why the controls
are on the bottom. Is there a good reason Ross?

[snip]
> polished. Is there something I'm missing that Sound Juicer
> has/does/will-do that makes it a better option?

It seems like s-j is preferred because its been around longer, and the
author is better known. Is that all?

[snip]

> I also wonder, perhaps in the longer term, if all of these capabilities
> should be included in Rhythmbox. While I love the simplicity of a CD
> player app, it does seem a bit odd to have one app for playing CDs, and
> another for playing all other music files/formats.

I thought of that the first time I saw rhythmbox, I actually spent time
trying to figure out how it played CDs. We have Library, Radio, iPod, so
why not CD? One would simply need to find room for a "Add to Library"
button (which I think beats "Extract").

No doubt Ross and others will disagree (and I'd like to hear why), but I
think the functionality should go in RB. (However I suspect this line of
discussion will devolve into why iTunes style interface is bad/good.)

Comments?

> Thanks,
> Steven Garrity

Cheers,