Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share
- From: "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: "Paolo Borelli" <pborelli katamail com>
- Cc: DmD Ljungmark <spider takeit se>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:14:12 +0100 (CET)
> I do not think that Public is very similar to Program Files:
> - programs (at least in most cases) do not have to *add* files to Public
> - the folders are in ~ so the user will quickly see the bug and report
> it, while Program Files is buried were a lot of people will never look
> - the installed program which installs in "Prografiler" works fine
> anyway so people do not even notice the bug, while looking in the wrong
> Public folder will make the program not work, which is a good incentive
> for the developer to fix it.
Your optimism is frightening.
I look forward to multiply translated home, usr, include, and lib
directories in future.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev