Re: Proposal: gnome-user-share

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:18 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Mer, 2004-12-01 at 12:19, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Also, folder i18n discussion has centred around consistent on-disk names and
> > translations in the interface, *not* configurable on-disk locations.
>

> Maybe but since nobody has answered the problems revolving around
> shells, KDE and other application consistency
>
> 	"I put it in Shared and openoffice found it elsewhere"
>
> you can't whitewash it away either.

Okay but are symbolic links ruled out?

IE suppose we had them as hidden folders:
Desktop as ~/.Desktop
Documents as ~/.Documents
Shared as ~/.Shared

Then all Gnome has to do is create the internationlised links on a
user's first ever log in (or when they change locale in which case we
rename the links).

It would work like that but I suspect some will argue against using
links.

jamie.