Re: new modules consensus

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 17:29 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:

> [snip]
>
> > I absolutely agree with you 100%. We do need it and the maintainer has
> > bent over backwards to make it more acceptable and integrate it with
> > distro's custom tools. If anyone has good reasons for not including it
> > now or ever then let them say so now.
>
> Creating a new PPP connection still (in g-s-t 0.90 at least) requires
> WvDial for me, although Debian has built-in PPP configuration files and
> tools (pon/poff to bring PPP up/down, etc).  I consider this a major bug
> for the Debian port.

Since this issue was first raised, all the new support has been done
avoiding wvdial, but moving all the distributions which already used it
to their distro specific way is really slow, as it implies installing
(once again) a quite great number of distros/versions.

However, it isn't a "crap! it broke my config!" bug, it's only a matter
of not using the ideal way for doing this, which will be fixed with some
time/patience

	Carlos