Re: (No default theme change please) Re: default theme consensus
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org>, James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: (No default theme change please) Re: default theme consensus
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:01:42 -0500
On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 12:00 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Here's the bug:
> I get the idea that it's fixable in GTK+.
Yes. It can be fixed even in the 2-4 branch if we make a non-
incompatible change like supporting
widget_class "*.<GtkMenuItem>.*" style "style-for-menu-items"
That is, angle brackets around a type name indicate that g_type_is_a()
or something like that should be used rather than plain string matching.
Lotsa brownie points for whomever cooks that patch :)
Note that the RC system uses *plain* string matching. Every theme seems
widget_class "*.GtkMenuItem.*" style "foo"
widget_class "*.GtkCheckMenuItem.*" style "foo"
... etc ...
as a workaround for "classes that derive from GtkMenuItem don't inherit
its style". However, this would work:
widget_class "*MenuItem.*" style "foo"
this would match "GtkMenuItem", "GtkCheckMenuItem", etc. If your
language binding generates a glue classes that don't work with themes,
just call them MyBindingMenuItem and use the pattern above, and they
[This is of course dangerous for people who create widgets *not* derived
from GtkMenuItem with names like StrangeMenuItem, as they will match,
] [Thread Prev