Re: problem with cvs fdo - modules not found

Hi,

> As per the instructions on fdo.org

(Seriously, you need to give better feedback when reporting "bugs" :) I
found the page, but you should just show us the link so we can verify)

> cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs co

> this doesn't (as per instructions)
> cvs -d ':pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/ desktop-file-utils

The instructions tell you how to login and how to check out complete
project subdirectories.  It's just one of the ways to get stuff from
cvs.  It doesn't necessarily mean that what you try will work.

In your nonworking instruction line you have a spurious quote, and no
actual cvs command (like co).

In the case of desktop-file-utils, it's part of the "menus" tree.

You can choose between
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs co menus
or
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/menus co .

to check out the whole "menus" tree (I personally use the latter, I'm
not sure if there's a real difference with the former, apart from where
the result ends up)

or you can check out only the desktop-file-utils module from the menus
root:
cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs pdx freedesktop org:/cvs/menus co
desktop-file-utils.

Also, for GStreamer, these instructions are on the GStreamer website.

Anyway, this should help you further.  Please don't reply to
desktop-devel anymore, this is really not a GNOME issue.