Re: [Usability] UI-Review of ggv on Friday, July 16th at 19:00 UTC

> Can we get the merging of ggv, gpdf and eog (ala Apple's "Preview", which
is
> used for print previews, document/image viewing, etc) back on the agenda,
> perhaps for the next release? :-) There was some discussion about having a
> united frontend last year, would be great to find out where this is at.

I want to see dvi viewer integrated in such application. We have a nice gdvi
rendering widget, that is not fully usable, but already can display dvi
documents.

We had discussed this problem about a month ago with Martin Kretzschmar and
the result was a decision, that it should be common shell for bonobo
components like gpdf or ggv shell. The viewers can implement corresponding
bonobo components and thus provide a way to render documents like pdf, ps or
even djvu. Also there is possibility to improve code reuse by creating
common library to implement such components with utility things.

I've started some work on it and already has a shell, based on gpdf shell
that can display pdf and ps with controls from gpdf and ggv. Also I've
started to modify gpdf tree to separate library and include extra components
like ggv. The current source tree can be downloaded from
http://nshmyrev.narod.ru/greader.tar.gz. It doesn't build cleanly now, but
you can look at work direction there.

                                                Nickolay V. Shmyrev.