Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

> ...and the X connection, and the X widgets which are needed for
> copy/paste to work

Surely each application would have a copy buffer of it's own. For GTK
widgets, it would be put into a GTK specific buffer... for more complex
application specific types, it would be up to the application to
implement the necessary callbacks to handle pasting and retrieving the
data from existing sources. For example, in an audio editing program,
the widget doesn't contain the audio data.

> you should know that what you are asking of applications is a
> non-trivial thing. Try implementing your ideas in a few of the more
> complex applications and I'm sure you'll give up and agree that your
> idea is a no-can-do.

I'd rather discuss it before I waste time on it.

--
Jerry Haltom
Feedback Plus, Inc.