Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: Sean Middleditch <elanthis awesomeplay com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:51:04 +0100
On Gwe, 2004-04-23 at 15:14, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > clipboard, and in fact, that it must ignore SIGTERM/SIGINT/etc, since
> > the naive user most likely doesn't understand that killing the
> > application would result in the clipboard data going away.
> The users who can't grasp the clipboard model are also not going to be
> manually sending signals to processes.
They in the real world are going to have to deal with apps that hang due
to network failures, NFS going on holiday and all the other realities.
Clipboards have to be robust to some degree.,
] [Thread Prev