Re: State of the X clipboard, and perhaps a solution

> Applications should consider themselves not allowed to crash no matter
> what.  Crashes should be exceptional circumstances, not daily
> occurances.  ;-)

We do however need to make the system as robust as possible. We cannot
have daily reboots being required like there are in Windows. A
possibility is that Metacity/Gnome-session/ProgramX can watch the
clipboard owner, and verify that he is still alive at some interval. If
he isn't, a friendly "This program is dead, kill?" message can be popped
up.

--
Jerry Haltom <wasabi larvalstage net>