Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 19:24, Robert Love wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 19:11, Rob Adams wrote:
> > So should gconf be deprecated in favor of Storage?  Or perhaps
> > reimplemented using a Storage backend?  (Long term, obviously)
>
> No, I don't think so.

Reading my own reply, heh, obviously long-term something like WinFS
actually _would_ be well suited to replacing the current solution of
lots-of-XML-files as GConf's backend.

That is, GConf should not go away, but in a perfect world with something
like WinFS, the filesystem itself could provide the backing store since
it essentially provides the structure of XML.

	Robert Love