Re: dbus and GNOME 2.8

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 17:25, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> A Seg, 2004-04-05 às 14:25, Paolo Maggi escreveu:
> > Hi guys,
> > 	as I wrote in
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-January/msg00495.html
> > I'm working on a new implementation and a new API for egg-recent that I
> > hope to have ready in time for 2.7.0 or 2.7.1 so that it can be
> > evaluated for inclusion in 2.8.
>
>   BTW, is there a reason why recent files isn't just a gconf key?
>
>   Regards,

>From http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ :

"Do not store anything but preferences in GConf. Documents, session
state, random data blobs do not belong in GConf. Stuff breaks if you do
this. Moreover, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE TO WRITE
TO THE GCONF DATABASE. Which means you may not use GConf as an IPC
mechanism or when it's required to be able to store a piece of data."

Ciao,
Paolo