Re: Nautilus 2.6 - We're going all spatial

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 05:51, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 22:10, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> > eg: Moving a file from ~/a/b1/ to ~/a/b2
> >
> > Oo: Open home. Open b1. Click on home window to bring to front. Open b2.
> > Click on home window to bring to front. Close home window. Drag file.
> > Close b1. Close b2. TOTAL: 9 clicks.
>
> This is totally ignoring the "features" of spatial browsing. If you want
> to do this copy its highly likely that b1 and b2 are related in some
> way, and often used together. Therefore the b1 and b2 windows are
> already placed such that they don't overlap home or each other.
>
> This means: open home, click b1, click b2, drag file, close b1, close
> b2. TOTAL: 6 clicks.

Heck, not to mention, you don't even need to open b2, do you?  Just drag
the file from the b1 window to the b2 icon in the home window.  Another
two clicks gone.  (Do average users do this kind of thing, or do they
open windows normally?  Any studies/experiments with that?)

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.