Re: GtkFileChooser API work

среда, 10. септембар 2003. 08:32:49 CEST — Mark Roach написа:

Without support for these launchers, I guess you would have to
"bookmark" the http or ssh or smb location in some file-selector
specific way or else type them in manually every time you wanted to
select files from that location.

I think the problem here is that you cannot make Gtk File selector depend on Gnome stuff (like gnome-vfs which is used for all that magic).

That would break all the apps that don't have idea of URIs, and that don't use gnome-vfs for accessing data.

It could also instill some "circular" dependencies (eg. gtk+ -> gnome- vfs -> gtk+), but it might be possible to get it to work.

Of course, all of this is just guesswork on my part :-)

Cheers,
Danilo