Re: SVG format in metacity, gtk, desklets and build system for Gnome

W liÅ?cie z Å?ro, 03-09-2003, godz. 17:47, Havoc Pennington pisze:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:37:36PM +0200, Marcin Antczak wrote:
> > Why you create your own "standard"?
>
> If you try to add the SVG support, I think you'll see soon enough what
> the issues are. Give it a try. You need to preserve the ability to
> use GTK colors and call GTK theme drawing operations such as
> gtk_style_paint_box(), and you need to keep the ability for themes to
> handle different kinds of window properly (see metacity-theme-viewer).

As I said, I'm not C/C++ programmer so I don't care about problems you
write about, but I'm sure that everything can be done.

Question is how much time it could cost to write and if there will be
anyone interested to take this job.

Maybe first I'll take a closer look to GTK theme engine attached to
librsvg... If we can draw GTK widgets with GTK there must be ability to
do the same thing with window decoration... maybe not with "full" svg
support but I think that we should try. (Right now I have theme-parser.c
in another window and I'll try to investigate how it could be converted
to support some svg standards).

Besides are there any plans to create some kind of web site for Metacity
project? (or maybe I ask this way - is there ability for me to create
such web site and place this somewhere in Gnome webspace?).

And more, are there any plans to enrich this window manager with some
additional and useful functionality or you consider this as finished
project and simplicity is it's main value?

--
Marcin Antczak <marcin antczak e-dev pl>