Re: GtkFileChooser API work (bookmarks)

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 00:24 +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 07:43 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > <quote who="Marco Pesenti Gritti">
> >
> > > I've been playing with a daemon for user data idea too. Right now I
> > > think Storage approach is more appropriate though.
> > > (http://www.gnome.org/~seth/storage)
> >
> > As interesting as Storage may be, it is fairly pie-in-the-sky when it comes
> > to solving user problems in a reasonable timeframe. There's no reason to
> > drop *serious* user issues on the floor waiting for some "perfect system" to
> > come along. :-)
>
> I should think more before pressing Send.
> The storage core (libstorage) is just a simple api
> (very similar to the ephy and the rhythmbox one) to
> insert and retrieve data from a database (PG atm). That's what
> I was talking about. Obviously my link to the storage page is totally
> confusing, because it talks of a lot of other things ...

well, if you want to store stuff in a database, please use libgda
(http://www.gnome-db.org). It is been developed and tested for 5 years,
and is about to get to 1.0, and also supports not only Postgres, but
many other db systems.

What I mean with this is that you don't need untested software for that
(with all my respect to storage) where there is stable one that does the
same.

cheers