Re: GtkFileChooser API work
- From: Ricardo Fernández Pascual <ric users sourceforge net>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>, gtk-devel <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GtkFileChooser API work
- Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:06:12 +0200
El mar, 02-09-2003 a las 16:43, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> hmm, bookmarks. Wasn't there some work on freedesktop.org to have a
> shred location for bookmarks? If so, the file selector could use that.
FWIW, XBEL is the nearest thing to a de facto standard for now. Both
Konqueror and Galeon interoperate using it. It is far from perfect but
it works reasonably well and is extensible.
Unfortunately, the Epiphany project decided to use their own proprietary
As Marco has already pointed out, the easy part is agreeing in a file
format. The really hard part is sharing the bookmarks concurrently.
You'd need some kind of "bookmarks daemon" or only one app would be able
to open the bookmark file for updating.
Ricardo Fernández Pascual
ric users sourceforge net
] [Thread Prev