Re: Mount point detection [was: Re: GtkFileChooser API work]

On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 11:01, Theo van Klaveren wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 03:26:30PM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Hmmm. Using dbus we could even patch mount to send the mount events,
> > thus avoiding the need for polling files...
>
> Which would make mount depend on dbus. Not going to happen on any sane OS
> out there (e.g. FreeBSD), I'm afraid.

It could of course be done the way FAM works - use polling with no
kernel/system support, and notification if mount supports it.  So called
"sane" systems that can't work as intelligently can just suffer and use
polling instead.

>  - Theo
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.