Re: GnomeVFS backend for GtkFileChooser

Le mer 29/10/2003 à 04:22, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> As long as you can jhbuild without circular deps, I would try to keep
> related functionality together, so putting the backend in gnome-vfs is
> logical. If someone is really going to compile gnome-vfs with no GTK on
> the system, then have a configure --enable-gtk=[yes/no/auto] as dbus
> does for each of its dependencies. After all, you're not going to use
> the GtkFileSystem backend if you don't have GTK+ anyway.

You should it the other way around and put the gnome-vfs backend in
GTK+, leaving an option (compile-time switch and separate run-time
package) for those "pure" guys who absolutely don't want GTK+ to depend
on gnome-something. From a GNOME perspective, having GTK+ depend on
gnome-vfs seems to be just about right.
In either way the inconsistency between the different backends is still
there.

	Xav