Re: Dasher 3.1.9 released

Le Jeudi 23 Octobre 2003 16:00, Murray Cumming Comneon com a écrit :
> > From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org
> > Dasher 3.1.9 has just been released, and I'd like to propose
> > it for 2.6.
> > Dasher is a predictive text input system driven by simply
> > pointing at a
> > letter, with more probably letters being larger. Dasher also
> > integrates
> > with the Gnome accessibility and speech frameworks, allowing it
> > to be used for application control and general communication.
>
> As I understand it, Dasher is aimed at accessibility needs, and
> maybe at handhelds.
>
> So it would be nice to hear from the accessibility folks about
> this. Do they like it? Are they using it? Does it meet their needs?
> Is there unwanted overlap with existing accessibility tools such as
> gok? Etc.

I'm not (yet) a Dasher user. I intend to use it on a handled (and/or
tablet PC). I also intend to use at-spi on these platforms to monitor
user interactions.
I was fearing that handhelds were underpowered to run X & gnome for
at-spi, and the tablet pc seem too expensive if I cannot justify it
with good enough handwriting software.

Any advice on the best handeld (available in europe :-( )for Dasher
would be most welcome.

Thank you,

Bernard