Re: Gnome logout script

On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 11:08, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 03:31, Mariano Suarez-Alvarez wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 08:51, Sean Atkinson wrote:
> > > I'm looking into adding a logout script to Gnome.  We need to do various
> > > things when a user logs out such as force Evolution to terminate with
> > > killev, and I've read a few other requests for a similar feature.

> Also, killev'ing (or evolution --force-shutdown) is not right; for
> example, it will cause changes to your mail flags (e.g. read/important)
> to not be synced to the disk.

OK, but is there a more correct alternative we should use instead of
killev?  Surely Evolution can't be left running on one machine if the
user roams and logs in elsewhere while sharing the same NFS /home?

BTW, is evolution --force-shutdown preferred or just another way to
invoke killev?

Cheers,

Sean.

--