Gnome logout script

Hi,

I'm looking into adding a logout script to Gnome.  We need to do various
things when a user logs out such as force Evolution to terminate with
killev, and I've read a few other requests for a similar feature.

Browsing the source for gnome-session, I notice a logout command can be
set.  Currently it's only used for invoking poweroff or reboot if
selected in the GUI, but it seems the natural place to add some logout
script too.  However I don't understand how either reboot or poweroff
work since the gnome-session process doesn't seem to be running as
root...

So far my work around has been to edit /etc/X11/gdm/PostSession/Default
(e.g. including "su $USER -c 'gconftool-2 --shutdown'" to remove
gconfd-2 file locks from NFS /home).  However this assumes GDM is being
used, so I'd prefer more general solution.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Sean.

--