Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.5.0 Development Release

> >Yeah.  I've been removing all the -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED flags locally
> >for now to get it all building.  But we should all try to branch and get
> >building on GTK+-HEAD ASAP, so that we can shake out as many problems
> >from GTK+ as we can.

> I am not saying that the *_DISABLE_DEPRECATED macros should never be
> used; just that they shouldn't be turned on by default for tarball
> builds (kind of like -Werror ...).

I agree.  With GStreamer, we usually have Werror on for CVS and off for
releases, and I was planning to add other stuff as well, like
deprecation.  I think it would make sense to do this for GNOME as well;
hammer out as many bugs as possible from CVS, but make the releases as
buildable as possible.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
I feel like I'm at something you always say you need more time
Well I'll stay right here and I'll wait for good
until I find a love worth mine
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.rug.ac.be/