Re: GNOME 2.4.1 and 2.5 schedule

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 09:57, Tino Meinen wrote:
> As an experiment the gmo files were deleted from the gnumeric tarballs.
> Nobody noticed they were gone.
> So there is really no reason to distribute them in tarballs.
> I've mentioned this before, here in this mailing list but the message
> seems to have been lost in the swarm of mails. Only Havoc replied and
> asked how to not make them build automatically.

I would say this is the type of thing where we need to make it happen
without the app author doing anything special, if we want it to be the
standard practice. The only other approach is probably for someone to go
through CVS changing all the modules.

Has the issue been raised with the automake and/or gettext maintainers
(as appropriate?) - or maybe it could be done in glib-gettextize?

Havoc