Re: GNOME 2.4.1 and 2.5 schedule

> Gnometris - Although I am fond of the original arcade version of Tetris,
> this retains little of its charm. Gnome-games isnt full of whiz-bang
> graphics and so most of the games are fun because of their tactical
> aspect. Not much tactics to be found here. I suggest scrapping it.

I really think Tetris is a must-have. I agree though that gnometris is
not that great. I prefer ltris (which uses SDL).

> I cannot play Mahjong properly and so did not attempt to evaluate it.

Mahjong is great and GNOME's mahjong is a very good one. Please keep it.

> Nibbles - I felt that this was lacking the charm of the QBASIC version I
> once enjoyed so much. Rather like tetris hasnt got much going for it
> despite being a classic.

Nibbles is an addictive game. It's very popular. I think it should stay.

I think "essential" games are a GOOD tetris game (like ltris), a
breakout game (like lbreakout2) and a chess game (like xboard). As you
can see, there are great versions of those games outside of GNOME. So
maybe it could be a good idea to just remove the GNOME version of tetris
and let distributions provide the missing must-have games instead of
re-creating a not-so-good GNOME version.