Re: No Flags "Policy"

On 2003-11-22(Sat) 03:31:51 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > A possible solution could be to make the set of available flags depend on
> > the current locale settings. So e.g. a *_CN locale would not show the
> > Taiwanese flag.
>
> Shipping them [1] at all can cause problems.
>
> - Jeff
>
> [1] Or even having them in CVS, though this is less of an issue in most
> cases.

Actually, they don't care if you had it in CVS, they just don't want the
flags displayed in product. Once I participated in selling certain
localized distribution to China, and their most concerned problem is
that "Taiwanese flag is DISPLAYED in KDE control center", so I think
shipping them but don't display can less likely cause problems.

Though I'd rather see GNOME play safe than feel sorry later. So I'm all
for not shipping flags as well.

Abel