Re: No Flags "Policy"

<quote who="Telsa Gwynne">

> What are the flags for? Why are we suddenly shipping them?

Various uses in GNOME including language/keyboard selection. We are already
shipping them.

> Serious question. I saw something about flags for keyboard layouts and can
> see problems arising with that. But is this the same thing or something
> different?

It's both political and practical. It doesn't make sense to use flags in the
way we're using them, and it makes life hard politically.

- Jeff

   "Warning: we're not going to use the testing sessions as vehicles for
                    personal UI vendettas." - Anna Dirks