Re: Freeze Deadline [Re: lockdown status]

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 04:08, Jens Finke wrote:
> Although we missed every deadline in our 2.5 schedule until now, you
> suggest that the API/API freeze in December is still valid? Then we
> would freeze something we haven't even released once. IMHO this doesn't
> make any sense.

The deadline is valid until the release team changes it, I would say.
Honestly I hadn't given much thought to whether it should be changed.

The only real API/ABI changes I know of are in GTK, aside from a few
small things elsewhere, so the freeze would basically affect GTK only.

I was wrong about December looking at the schedule, we can probably add
lockdown mode anytime up to Jan 12 feature freeze - though sooner is
better, of course.

Havoc