Re: Problems with Gnome-session, metacity, keybindings, etc

Hi,

You should post "how to use gnome" questions to gnome-list gnome org
rather than this list.

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 15:40, Khiraly wrote:
> - How can I put Xmms to the upper panel (menu bar)? It does not let me
> put there any
>   other application, too.

Can't do this. Try the CD player applet.

> - Hogyan lehet, hogy az eger 6. gombjara ikonizalja az egermutato alatti
> ablakot? (7-re jo lenne
>  ha maximalizalna.)
>
> - How can I assign iconizing the window under the mouse cursor to the
> sixth mouse button?
>   It would be comfortable to be it maximalized at 7.

You can't do this.

> These run under sawfish that I've been using since 2 years. But I see no
> themes going out for
> it, so I would be satisfied by metacity, since it is the base for Gnome2
> (only these should I
> get to run).

You could continue to use sawfish, should work fine.

> - There is not an icon for every opne application at the lower panel
> bar. Where can I set this?

Add To Panel -> Utility -> Window List

> - When starting Gnome (startx) it neglects the .xdefaults. file. I have
> meticulously created
> the file .xdefaults manually and it's size is a couple of kilobytes. I
> have set the fonts to be used
> on my terminal (rxvt), set the colors, redefined the colors of every
> application etc.
> How can I get Gnome to load the file .xdefaults?

Use .Xresources; .Xdefaults is only read if no resources have been set.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-October/msg00382.html

Havoc