RE: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

A couple of things here. First of all GStreamer is maintaining a API
stable 0.6 series just for GNOME atm, with 0.6.2 coming out any day now.
But correct enough we have not commited to a stable API until GNOME goes
3.0.

Secondly I think that as long as GNOME Meeting is the only application
using openH323 and Damien doesn't think their API changes are to
problematic then we should be able to live with it. We just need to see
the openH323 and GNOME Meeting packages as part of a whole in regards to
GNOME and expect people to upgrade them together.

I mean we have the same situation with GStreamer, GStreamer depends on a
lot of underlying libraries some of which change API more often than
Bill Gates changes underwear. This do of course mean that stuff stop
working if people try upgrading these libs without getting a new
GStreamer release for them, but we have had few/no complaints about this
so I think people are aware of/accept the problems they get themselves
into if they try such stunts.

Christian