Re: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:

A couple of things here. First of all GStreamer is maintaining a API
stable 0.6 series just for GNOME atm, with 0.6.2 coming out any day now.
But correct enough we have not commited to a stable API until GNOME goes
3.0.
One other difference between OpenH323 and GStreamer is that we will almost certainly never push it down into the development platform, while I would hope that a media framework would be. This is due to the licensing of the H.323 stack.

OpenH323 is distributed under the MPL, which is incompatible with the GPL (but not LGPL), which is probably against our licensing policies.

This is no problem for Gnome Meeting (Damien is giving you permission implicitly) but does mean that it can't easily swipe code from other GPL'd packages. Having openh323 in the desktop release (as a dependency of one of the other packages) doesn't sound too bad though.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/