Re: GNOME2.3: Modemlights applet

On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 22:32, MArk Finlay wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-10 at 13:46, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> > Apparently the modemlights applet doesn't work very well, if at all, and
> > there's a bug here.
>
> It works but takes some configuring. See
> http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15

Right. I'm not advocating its total removal if it works. But those
instructions are way too complicated and the applet needs fixing so that
you don't need to follow those steps.

As it is, it seems that you need to know how to bring your connection up
in a terminal before you can do it in modemlights. Which rather belies
the point of having a GUI in the first place.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown