Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 11:12, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > Personally, I'd say a PIM solution is more important that just e-mail.
> > Several different apps may want access to address books or whatnot - a
> > solid framework for that which all apps can utilize seems more useful.
> > Just like having a solid HTML rendering framework (GRE, gtkhtml,
> > whatever) is more important than the browser itself (given the browser
> > needs said framework).
>
> I totally agree. For me GNOME desktop releases should focus on shared
> libraries instead of apps. I see lot of sense having Gecko, libXML or
> Gstreamer in GNOME releases but not to see Totem, Epiphany, Evolution or
> Abiword in it.

Well, not sure I agree there.  The _platform_ is where libs should be.
I expect the Desktop to be, well, a desktop.  A library in the desktop
is completely useless to a user (who wants apps).

On the contrary, putting a library in the platform that no apps in the
desktop use seems rather silly.

--
The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath.
  -- Led Zeppelin, "Battle of Evermore"