RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

> From: Damien Sandras [mailto:dsandras seconix com]
> There is no point for me to make my best complying to the HIG and to
> force non-GNOME users to install the GNOME libraries in order to run
> GnomeMeeting if GnomeMeeting remains one of the few
> applications to stay
> in 5th Toe while other applications are going in the core. I can also
> achieve the same level of functionnality without depending on GNOME at
> all.

Whoah there. People should use the HIG because it's good, not just because
it's a GNOME requirement. Ideally applications running on a platform should
be consistent with that platform. An application doesn't need to be supplied
with the platform to work well with the platform, or to want to. Back in the
day, on the Mac, consistency with the desktop and currently-existing
applications was seens as a commerical advantage for new 3rd-party
applications.

I don't think you should depend on gnome libs for the sake of it. You should
use whatever parts it's useful to use. But it would probably be better to
talk about specifics.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com