Re: Big Panel menus (32x32)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 07:23:30PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > How about an option to scale the sizes dynamically based on the
> > resolution, or have it as a start up option
>
> That's possibly a much better idea.

The only thing is (thinking about it a bit further) you really aren't
going to be changing your resolution that much, and what happens when it
is changed by another program (I'm thinking quake or UT2003 or
something)?  There is the potential for you to enter q3, return and find
your applets/quick launch/nautilus icons different from when you left
because their size snapped to 8x8 when you entered 640x480 q3 resolution
and then back to 32x32 when you came back to 1280x1024.  I do recall
someone (sorry dude, forgot your name, too lazy to check the archives)
saying that they'd cemented applets and icons in the panel in place, so
that's ok.

Probably needs some work of course, and my concerns may be moot, but
something to think about anyway.

> > "would you like gnome to adjust icon and menu sizes to the
> > optimal setting for your screen resolution?  you can adjust these by
> > going into the menus and toolbars settings in your control panel"
>
> This option is definitely going into the control-center. (-:

Hope it makes it for 2.4, looking forward to it! :)

> > Note to self: email GDD list to see if a first time wizard is
> > wanted/needed.
>
> This has been rehashed a couple times and we've not wanted it every
> time.  You can look through the archives for the reasons.

No worries, thanks for the heads up :)

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"There are only 3 real sports: bull-fighting, car racing and mountain