Re: Proposal for a new default Gnome GUI

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 12:27:26PM +0000 or thereabouts, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   One mistake that keeps getting repeated is having the close window
> button *too* darn close to the minimize and max buttons.

Whether it's a mistake or not, this is a view I agree with you on.
So, I believe, does the HIG.

If you have ever used a slow box and/or a dodgy mouse and clicked
the kill button instead of whatever's next to it, you will know
why some of us feel strongly about it. I have done it way too often
in themes which do this. One of the reasons I loved windowmaker
was the (to me) eminently sensible practice of having the kill/
destroy button a long way from the other one. (And only one other:
everything else was right-click on the titlebar and select it.)

If you have troubles moving your wrist anyway, this must be even
worse.

Telsa