Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 20:20, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 01:01, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> > Before this discussion began, I understood that there were two meanings of
> > "desktop" in use:
> >
> > 1. GNOME desktop: The sum of all parts of GNOME, the complete environment. For
> > example, "The GNOME desktop is an easy to use windows-based environment for
> > users."
> > 2. desktop: The Nautilus definition - background + icons. For example, "Use
> > Nautilus to draw the desktop", "Use your home folder as the desktop".
> >
> > Now we have a third meaning:
> >
> > 3. desktop: background + icons + panels. For example, the "Show Desktop" button.
> >

> 	Just to through a 4th definition on to the fire ...
>
> 	The tooltip for the screenshot button is
>
> 	"Take a screenshot of your desktop"

Perhaps we can save Pat and Eugene some heartburn and whittle this back
down to three confused definitions by changing the tooltip[1] to:

	"Take a screenshot"

Cheers,
John

[1] Post-freeze, of course....
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead