Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow. :-(

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:17:40PM -0800, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> I did the same test, and
> I have 36s for gnome-terminal and 16s for xterm.
>
> I agree that vte widget probably needs some loving.  Furthermore, I
> would get rid of the transparent feature.  Mostly because I believe
> that it's  superfluous feature that creates no real experience.  If
> they want it they can use Eterm which has gotten transparency down
> to an science.

Maybe the vte devs could borrow/integrate the eterm code into vte?  Not
sure how compaitable they are, but some of raster et al's
superfunkyamazingoptimizedtransparacnylovin code could be used?

my $0.02
--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches