Re: gnome-terminal awfully slow. :-(

Jeroen Zwartepoorte <jeroen xs4all nl> writes:

> If so, it's the nvidia driver which is causing the slowness in Nautilus
> (don't remember if it also slows down gnome-terminal). Downgrade to the
> previous version and things should work ok again.

Yes I use NVidia drivers, but not the latest version: 1.0.3123. But I
don't think that the driver is causing the problem in my case: it's
another kind of slowness widh Nautilus. Repaints are very fast, just
like all other gnome2 programs, but opening of folders is slow. For
example, it takes about 1-1.5 seconds just to show desktop preferences
(while they appear almost immediately through the gnome panel).

But it is not a major problem for me, I don't use Nautilus anyway (for
other reasons). vte slowness is what really bothering me. The current
version is almost unusable (see my reply to Jason's posting), it feels
like working on an old IBM PC/XT. :-(

--
\  /                                       vlad hashbang de
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de