Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Hi Sean,

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 03:57, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 23:45, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> My proposal would be for applets to remember where the user put them.
> If they get pushed aside (from, say, resizing), then they act like they
> do now.  However, when space frees up (applet shrinks), the applets will
> move back as close as they can to their original location.  So, if it
> gets pushed aside, it'll move back when it can.

	Yes sure, its a pretty obvious/straightforward solution - you need to
seperate the "constrained" location of applets/buttons from the
user-configured location. You would never change the user-configured
location as a result of other applets getting bigger or the panel
getting smaller.

	But I haven't looked at doing it yet. I'm not hopeful that it will be
straightforward - just look at panel-widget.c :-)

Good Luck,
Mark.